CITY OF OLYMPIA - GIS Drinking Water Intern (Olympia)
Compensation: $12.82 - $13.67 per hr
Employment type: part-time internship
The Drinking Water Utility (DW) seeks a GIS intern. The paid intern will assist the DW team with infrastructure mapping by performing routine to moderately complex geo-processing, research, and analysis functions. Work is performed with general supervision allowing the intern opportunity for exercising independent judgment. To qualify, you must be a student currently enrolled in an associate, undergraduate or graduate degree program. The projected start date is June 16, 2016 and is expected to run through December 31, 2016.
This internship is for a student enrolled in college or college-vocational equivalent coursework. DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT ENROLLED, OR PLANNED TO BE ENROLLED, IN COLLEGE. THIS POSITION IS AN INTERN POSITION FOR STUDENTS ONLY.
Knowledge and Experience Qualifications:
•Demonstrated experience with ESRI's ArcGIS 10x software; geodatabase, database management, and editing experience
• Competence with Microsoft Office; emphasis on Excel and Word
• Experience communicating effectively both orally and in writing
• Technical and precision writing and editing skills
• Constructive problem-solving and analytical skills
• Self-starter, able to work independently, multi-task and prioritize, complete tasks on time and produce quality, detail-oriented work
• Ability to prepare basic maps and graphics
• Ability to work in the field in all weather conditions
• Valid Washington State Driver's License required
Salary and Schedule:
This paid internship requires that the applicant be a student currently enrolled in an associate, undergraduate or graduate degree program. Work hours are up to 19 hours per week during school and up to 40 hours per week during school breaks and summer. Generally, work hours are between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. M-F. The salary is $12.82 - $13.67 per hour. This position is not eligible to receive benefits such as health insurance, paid sick or vacation, or paid holidays.
To read the full employment opportunity, go to www.olympiawa.gov/jobs
Submit a resume and cover letter by attaching them to your electronic application. The cover letter must be no more than two pages long and include specific examples of how you meet the Qualifications (above) for this position. All application materials must be received by 5:00 p.m., May 15, 2016
Leave a Reply.