Tualatin Valley Water District believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Temporary Position: Limited duration from June thru September, approximately 40 hours per week. Temporary employees are not eligible for benefits except those required by law.
Overall Purpose of the Job: The overall purpose of the position is to perform basic Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping functions in support of the Engineering Department. Such functions may include:
- Assist with input and editing of GIS data.
- Assist with spatial analysis.
- Assist with map preparation.
- Assist with Global Positioning System (GPS) data collection and input in to GIS.
- Assist other GIS users (field and office staff) within the organization.
- Other projects and duties as required.
- Basic understanding of ESRI GIS software with some practical experience is required.
- Basic understanding of ESRI topology rules and topology editing is desirable.
- Basic understanding of GPS with some practical experience is desirable.
- Basic understanding of Computer Aided Design (CAD) is desirable.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel – both data entry and reporting format skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly with TVWD staff and other entities both verbally and in writing.
- Currently enrolled in a degree program related to GIS.
- Valid Oregon State Driver’s License; have and maintain a safe driving record.
- Have regular and predictable attendance.
- Prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
- Daily focus and reading of information on a computer screen.
- Work may include field time in inclement weather.
- Ability to perform physical tasks that are moderately demanding.
Closing Date: April 8, 2013 at 4:30 p.m.
Rate of Pay: $15.50 per hour
Job Description: Microsoft Word | PDF
Application (be sure to fill out supplemental questions at the end of the application): Microsoft Word | PDF
Send completed applications to:
You can E-mail your application to our Human Resources Department
Fax: (503) 356-3190
Mail: TVWD, Attn: Human Resources, 1850 SW 170th Ave, Beaverton, OR 97006
You can also drop off an application at TVWD Headquarters.