GIS Professional w/ CH2MRead Now
Our Geospatial careers provide you with the opportunity to work on environmental and transportation consulting projects with a focus on supporting our industrial, energy, and transportation clients. You will work as part of diverse project teams including scientists, engineers, and planners to assist our clients. You should be a self-motivated professional with 6-10 years of successful experience, have a Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Geography, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Engineering, or Planning and have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
Key Skills and abilities for this Environmental Geospatial Professional Position:
• Provide senior GIS support, strategy, and delivery for permitting and transportation planning GIS needs
• Experience with Oregon and Washington or other states energy siting guidelines and processes
• Have strong skills in geographic information system (GIS), hardware, software, and data for capturing, managing, analyzing, and displaying all forms of geographically referenced information.
• Have the ability to work in a team environment and lead Jr. technical staff on medium to large sized projects
• Develop, train, and mentor Jr. technical staff
• Develop and implement project plans and work assignments, ensure product quality, on-schedule, and on-budget completion, and safety.
• Serve as a technical specialist contributing to routing studies, permit applications, analytical reports, and impact assessments.
• Demonstrates senior level cartographic, data management, and analytical skills.
• Display attributes of a strong consultant (team player, eagerness to learn and grow, self-starter that takes initiative, versatile, and has a client service mentality).
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• B.S. Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Biology, Engineering, Land Use Planning, or directly-related discipline with 6-10 years of experience in environmental applications of GIS.
• Significant experience with mobile data collection and ESRI ArcGIS desktop (10.x), Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst extensions.
• Significant Experience with Trimble Pathfinder, TerraSync
• Significant Experience with ArcGIS for Collector
• Experience creating, editing, converting, and managing GIS data
• Experience with geodatabase design and creation
• Experience with web mapping design, technology, and data management, including ArcGIS for Server, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online, and Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS
• Strong knowledge of topology, projections, and cartographic principles
• Demonstrated project management skills, technical background and ability to support environmental permitting, reporting, and consulting.
• Exhibit excellent verbal communication skills with ability to discuss projects with clients, subcontractors, regulatory agencies, and internal team members, and in public in meetings as well as excellent writing skills by producing concise and readable documents.
• Ability to travel up to 20%.
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let’s get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc) to fill this position
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Leave a Reply.