ELYON International is a premier management consulting firm with a diverse list of both government and commercial customers.
ELYON International provides comprehensive management consulting, information technology, geospatial and professional support services that enable our customers to meet their goals and exceed performance objectives.
ELYON is currently seeking a polished and experienced GIS Specialist to support our federal customer in Portland, Oregon.
GIS QUALITY ASSURANCE AND MIGRATION SERVICES.
ELYON requires services to work with the Natural Resource Data Stewards to research user requirements, to conduct quality assurance and quality control on corporate GIS databases, to document and test a suite of GIS/GIS software tools, using Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) and Trimble COTS desktop software as well as ESRI ArcPad10 and emerging mobile software on multiple operating systems. Services are also needed to research and write curriculum and train nationally on GIS systems as a live instructor, through internet courses or through self-study courses.
The Contractor shall perform the following, but is not limited to:
• Testing programs on mobile GIS units and coordinating User Acceptance Testing;
• Working with field users and leads to document system requirements according to Federal standards.
• Working with Data Stewards to conduct quality assurance, quality control and secure annual approvals from data stewards.
• Documenting schema, requirements, workflows, processes, results and user guides
• Working with Data Stewards and GIS technical staff to migrate disparate data systems on an ongoing basis.
• Working as a facilitator with a regional or national team to refine system
• Writing curriculum, installation guides and Computer Systems Operation guides
• Teaching courses through the Internet, through self-study recorded sessions and live instruction with small groups of up to 24 persons.
• Setting up classrooms and pilot equipment with network access, loading software, loading training data and preparing hardware.
• Evaluating the system and serve the business to ensure functional use of the system for field going staff.
• Acting as technical support liaison for users.
• Assisting to create GIS products for use on mobile devices (i.e. topographic maps, aerial photos, geodatabases, export files) or administrative uses.
• Assisting to track licenses and order new hardware and software
• Facilitating and Preparing for team meetings with presentations, scheduling and documenting minutes.
Successful candidate shall possess the following skills and abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
• Specific skills in GIS using ESRI current version software on an enterprise system utilizing multiple versions on a Citrix farm
• Skills and experience in using Feature Manipulation Engine (FME) for ArcGIS to migrate disparate datasets.
• Good writing skills for technical documents such as software requirements, user guides and configuration management documents.
• Enterprise ArcSDE editing
• Experience in the ESRI ArcGIS version 10.x suite of software
• Experience teaching users in GIS.
• Experience interviewing users to assess and document data or system needs.
• Experience in designing and editing geodatabases with related tables to a state or national standard.
• Experience in natural resources field data collection, especially invasive species, treatments or range vegetation corporate databases.
The following skills are preferred but not required:
• Experience in the use of ArcPad or Trimble mobile GIS softwares
Qualified and interested candidates can send their resume to
Joshua.sisco at elyoninternational.com
Company DescriptionELYON International is a premier management consulting firm with a diverse list of both government and commercial customers. ELYON International provides comprehensive management consulting, information technology, geospatial and professional support services that enable our customers to meet their goals and exceed performance objectives. Please visit our website at elyoninternational.com for more information.