GIS Support Technician (CA)Read Now
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Employment Type: Full time
Job ID: 8374
The GIS Support Technician is an entry-level technical position. Technicians provide customer support of our product solutions to our end users. Technicians also have a secondary role working collaboratively with a project team on multiple phases of GIS application development and implementation. The GIS Support Technician works under the supervision of the Customer Support Manager.
• Provide high-quality phone support to clients to help them solve technical problems quickly and effectively
• Document technical support issues in a centralized database
• Communicate and document end user suggestions such as software functionality recommendations to staff
• Assist the project implementation team with various technical aspects of the GIS application development process to include, but not limited to: data collection, geocoding, queries, report writing, and application testing
• Perform software testing to troubleshoot issues and evaluate solutions
• Demonstrate continual enrichment of Omega product knowledge and understanding of end user needs
• Conduct on-going professional self-development to support changes and enhancements of the project management processes
Experience and Professional Qualifications
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in geography, GIS, or other closely related field
• At least one year of experience with GIS, preferably using ESRI's ArcGIS software platform
• Basic understanding of the principles and concepts of GIS, in addition to its uses and applications
• Familiarity with technical terms and the ability to communicate technical information clearly and concisely
• Customer service/software support experience preferred
• Ability to function in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities
If you see yourself excelling in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job TOG116. The Omega Group offers medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a company 401K program. The Omega Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Leave a Reply.