GIS Technical Analyst Internship
Location : Bellevue
Job # : 03393
At Puget Sound Energy (PSE) we have a long tradition of service, and an exciting and innovative future ahead! Consider PSE for the next step in your career.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Puget Sound Energy is looking a GIS technical analyst Intern for the department of Maps, Records, and Technology. The intern selected will be in support of the Tech Team, specifically working on the Pole Photo Project, which is intended to improve visibility in mapping assets. The intern position is temporary and anticipated to last approximately three months. Most of the work will be in Skagit and Whatcom counties.
Become a PSE GIS analyst intern and gain the real-world experience you need to compete in today’s job market. You will gain the opportunity to enhance your technical and communication skills, while learning the essential inner-workings of PSE’s utility environment. This internship gives a hands-on approach to obtaining essential GIS field data, as well as integrating GIS office duties and working with other technical teams. Start building your future today with practical knowledge that will complement the achievements you made while in school.
The GIS Technical Analyst Internship is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within PSE to help serve customers, neighboring communities, and the environment. PSE provides a work culture where all employees are valued, respected, and given the opportunity to achieve maximum performance. Gain the energy to do great things through a career with Puget Sound Energy!
• Currently enrolled as a sophomore or higher in GIS related field, or a relevant engineering field of study.
• Technically skilled with mobile applications and devices
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Good academic standing
• Strong work ethic, initiative, and motivation
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Interested in the utility sector
• Have valid driver’s license and able to pass a driving background check
• Previous on-field intern experience
• Skills working with ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Mobile applications
• Experience performing technical spatial analysis
• Understanding of electric and gas distribution system configurations.
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-462-3017.
Please apply online at http://www.PSE.com/careers
Reference Code: 03393_EX_01_P03394