A GIS Technician job in Portland, Oregon is available through Adecco Engineering and Technology. This position provides Forestry, Danger Tree and Geographic Information System services utilizing computerized data capture, storage and analysis techniques for visual displays, spatial analysis and tabular reports on a wide variety of geographical projects. This is a long-term contract position.
GIS Technician job responsibilities include:
- Design and prepare publication quality Geographic Information System products using industry standards.
- Produce custom photomap products tailored to the Valuation department’s needs.
- Perform basic spatial analysis operations to create maps and/or tabular reports. Maintain geospatial databases and ensure data quality and integrity through the use of automated and manual techniques to enter, edit and process data sets.
- Identify appraisal sites, based on LIS exhibit maps.
- Create and load waypoints into GPS units for appraisers, foresters and danger tree team members.
- Prepare parcel exhibits with geo-referenced photos for appraisal, forestry and danger tree crew reports.
- With oversight from the manager/staff, assist the geospatial team in development of a cloud-based mobile workflow for Valuation and Forestry.
- Utilize SharePoint to add new material to the Valuation and Forestry site
** Mobile projects will include:
- Design and prepare parcel exhibits with tree points for landowners and project managers
- Locate, download and send shapefiles of acquisition data when requested
- Assist in the maintenance and use of ESRI navigation tool
- Trimble Hardware/Software data collection and tracking
- Deploy projects on Trimble data collectors
- Bachelor’s degree in exact or related field, such as geographic information systems, computer science, geography, cartography, forestry, natural resources, landscape architecture and environmental, urban or regional planning, with a strong emphasis in computer-assisted spatial analysis is highly desirable (if no degree, additional work experience is required).
- Minimum Experience Required: Level 2 position – 4 - 6 years (with bachelor’s degree in fields specified above; 6+ years without degree or degree not in specified fields) of directly-related experience in Geographic Information System Support, providing professional Geographic Information System services utilizing computerized data capture, storage and analysis is required.
- Basic knowledge of image processing, remote sensing and LiDAR data mediums is desired.
- Proficiency with ESRI ArcGIS software is required.
- Proficiency with Trimble Hardware/Software is required.
- Experience and proficiency with PC operating systems and standard office software (Microsoft Office Suite 2010 - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) is required.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint, sufficient for data entry and managing document libraries, is required.
If you are interested in this GIS Technician job in Portland, Oregon then please click the “APPLY NOW” icon. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technical go to www.adeccousa.com. If you have questions about the position please contact Carol Heard at 503.535.2588 or email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled