Location: Portland, OR
Category: Accounting & Finance
Posted: March 13,2014 Salary: N/A
Adecco Engineering and Technical is currently recruiting for an GIS Technician job in Portland, OR. This GIS Technician position will provide support to cultural resources staff working in the Federal Columbia River Power System Cultural Resources Program (FCRPS) and in the Section 106 National Historic Preservation Act Cultural Resources Compliance group (project compliance) within the larger Environmental Planning and Analysis organization (KEC) located in Portland Oregon The FCRPS and project compliance groups obtain information on cultural/historic/archeological resources that may be affected by Clients actions. Our Client maintains a variety of systems to maintain, track, and use this information for analyses, consultations and reporting in accordance with federal and state laws. The individual filling this position will spend approximately half of their time working in the FCRPS and half of their time working in compliance.The Salary for this position is 25 per hour.
Job closes to submittals Mon 3/17
GIS Technician job Responsibilities:
- Research and gather data regarding various, previously completed, FCRPS projects and their project areas.
- Digitize and stores acquired reports, site forms, and other historic documentation in the FCRPs Cultural Resource Program library and in SharePoint..
- Add acquired GIS data to the FCRPS Cultural Resource Program GIS database
- Organize data consistent with existing FCRPS processes.
- Track data in FCRPS database.
- Organize records in the project compliance database/library, including survey reports, site forms, correspondence and other documentation.
- Enter project information into the project compliance geographic information system/database.
- Provide maps or other products utilizing the existing database and GIS systems to display information.
- Maintain various databases and ensure data quality through the use of automated and manual techniques to enter, edit, and process data sets.
- Manage established data sharing agreements with other agencies, contract service providers, and other parties as needed.
- Maintain permanent, archival records or survey reports. Maintains a database in order to provide precise access to specific stored archival records.
- Bachelor’s degree in anthropology with emphasis in archaeology or a related field is required. Associate’s degree can substitute for 2 years related experience (see below)
- Related Experience – a minimum combination of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training is desired. Experience should be consistent with the specific responsibilities of the position.
- Minimum Experience Requirements: This is a Level 1 Position – 3 - 5 years directly-related work experience is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel and Word) required (MS Office 2010 proficiency required).
- Experience with MS Access is required
- Experience with MS Project and PowerPoint,) and is required
- Experience with SharePoint sufficient to create, customize and edit SharePoint sites and lists.
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS sufficient to create/manipulate geodatabases, create/edit data, link data to Access database is required.
- Must have a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a professional manner, effectively, collaboratively and constructively with external partners, including state, federal, and tribal staff.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and competing needs concurrently under constricted deadlines
- Ability to work in a professional manner, effectively, collaboratively, and constructively with all levels of personnel, inside of the agency
- Ability to plan, organize, anticipate needs and problems before they arise, and utilize creative thinking skills in order to efficiently identify a solution
- Proven ability to work under pressure in constantly changing and demanding environments; resource must demonstrate flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to work well both independently and with varying workgroups to elicit and foster a positive and supportive work environment
If you are interested in this GIS Technician job in Portland, OR then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technical go to www.adeccousa.com. If you have questions about the position please contact Thomas Wirfs at 503-535-2585 or email@example.com.
No Relocation or interview expenses.
No Corp-to-Corp, 1099 or Visa Sponsorships
Adecco Engineering and Technical offers benefits including Holiday, 401(k), Insurance Benefit Plans and Anniversary Bonus opportunities.
The Adecco Group is a Fortune Global 500 company and the global leader in HR services. Our group connects over 700,000 associates with our business clients each day through our 6,600 offices in over 70 countries and territories.
Leave a Reply.