the Rural Communities Explorer have a temporary part-time academic wage position open for someone with webmapping/geovisualization expertise.
This Instructional Specialist embeds the commitment of Oregon State University to a collaborative and inclusive community in all interactions and duties performed. This individual will ensure that educational programs and outreach activities serve diverse populations, including those that have been historically marginalized/excluded from participation.
50% Digital Asset Development & Leadership
· Develop digital assets that support education and outreach projects related to RCE’s statewide focus areas of Oregon populations and communities, including economic, social, demographic, and environmental indicators at the community, county, and state-level.
· Work in collaboration with other departmental and outreach faculty to identify educational content/data sources for projects and programs.
· Create a variety of web interactive tools and maps (e.g., dashboards, storymaps, analytical maps) using web-based mapping and data visualization software and platforms.
· Assist project teams with management, coordination, and administrative tasks as appropriate, with an emphasis on the development and distribution of web maps and spatial data. Provide reports and metadata for work completed on an ongoing basis.
· Collaborate in the telling of outreach and research stories through multimedia, including web maps and digital learning assets.
50% Data Collection, Management, and Analysis
· Convert existing geospatial information to new or revised formats/models to meet the needs of the web map platform(s) to ensure data is usable and distributable.
· Work closely with the RCE team on data collection, management, and analysis, including coordinating data gathering and entry from various sources for inclusion in the RCE database and other projects as needed.
· Assist program team with developing quantitative data measures for inclusion in the RCE database.
· Track reporting deadlines, interpret information, and respond to inquiries from program team and both OSU and community partners.
Troubleshoot and resolve data problems.