Part Time Administrative Assistant Paid Position Available - GISCorps
GISCorps is currently a 100% volunteer-run program operating under the auspices of Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (URISA). Our team coordinates short-term, volunteer-based GIS services to underprivileged communities. Our services include finding qualified GIS volunteers for short term projects and establishing partnerships to create volunteer opportunities for the GIS community.
Projects vary based on the partner agency’s needs and may involve any and all aspects of GIS including analysis, cartography, app development, needs assessments, technical workshops, etc. Areas of service include humanitarian relief, disaster response, conservation, environmental quality, health and human services, GIS education, and expert crowdsourcing. GISCorps is supported by individual donations, corporations, and other non-profit groups with similar goals.
At this time, GISCorps is seeking to utilize a portion of our funding to hire our first employee, a part-time administrative assistant position for a term of one year, with the potential for an extension depending on funding availability.This will be a contract position, subject to review/renewal at 3-month intervals based on performance and funding levels.
At this time, we are looking for someone who is available for 10-15 hours a week with a very flexible schedule. Much of our work happens on evenings and weekends during US hours, and while we try to be as efficient and structured as possible, our disaster response work can be unpredictable.
1. Produce the monthly call agendas and capture meeting minutes for monthly calls and other critical meetings
2. Assist with assembling and creating various materials for quarterly newsletters and related website postings
3. Monitor the active projects by contacting deployed volunteers and partners agencies on a monthly basis and keep all related documentation and records up-to-date..
4. Assist in closing out projects with partner agencies and volunteers by sending feedback forms, posting their reports to the website, and sending thank you certificates and letters
5. Manage emails coming to group email accounts and respond or forward as appropriate
a. conduct preliminary research on the subject matter
b. send an initial response to the sender
c. monitor which CC members takes on the task and follow up with them
6. Website content management (and documentation of)
a. post new stories written by partners agencies or core committee members
b. revise existing web pages as needed
c. post various documents such as links, articles, minutes, photos, etc.
d. monitor the website for broken links and/or possible errors
7. Create/monitor doodles for scheduling calls among the core committee and/ or partner agencies, and volunteers.
8. Conduct preliminary research on partner agencies as new projects are proposed.
Help the core committee task these projects more efficiently.
9. Conduct preliminary research/review on GIS Service Pledge applicants and
10. Attend annual meetings as needed (Esri UC and/or URISA GISPro - expenses paid by GISCorps if travel required) 11. Assist with developing slides for presentations
12. Extensive Google Suite/Drive document management
13. Monitor Slack channels for issues
14. Aid with GISCorps’ social media posts, monitor other feeds in search of new volunteer opportunities.
Qualifications and Skills
1. BS degree in GIS or related field
2. Knowledge of GISCorps and URISA policies and organizational operations & policies.
3. Knowledgeable of GIS and web research
4. Highly skilled in the following: Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite/Apps (Google Docs, Sheets, Form Creation), Slack, Skype. (Hardware/software will not be provided by GISCorps)
5. Strong knowledge and experience with WordPress for web content management
6. Familiarity with and willingness to learn ArcGIS Online basics (account management, webmaps/apps, dashboards)
7. Excellent writing and graphics skills
8. Excellent organizational skills and extremely detail oriented
9. Ability to communicate in a professional manner with a variety of partners, volunteers, and technical groups
10. Able to work independently and with little supervision, but willing and able to take direction
11. Motivated to perform with excellence 1
2. Must be a US citizen or a green card holder for tax purposes
Expected 10-15 hours/week, potentially more at times ($25/hour) Flexible, but some tasks require nights and/or weekends during US hours
To Apply, submit a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline for applying is: September 17, 2018 or until the position is filled.