The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is seeking a Research & Development Intern. This is an unpaid position which may be completed for school credit. It offers the successful candidate a unique opportunity to be involved in the creative development and delivery of new programming at OMSI. This position is available immediately and will remain open until filled.
The NASA Data Visualization and Demonstration Developer will assist OMSI education staff in the development and delivery of demonstrations based on satellite-acquired data using our Science On a Sphere (SOS) projection display. The demonstrations should frame NASA data to tell interesting stories in a visually engaging setting that demonstrate how NASA satellite data is collected. More info on SOS can be found here:http://sos.noaa.gov/
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Interns will work together in groups of two or three and engage in the following activities:
· Develop and present demonstrations using spherical display systems (SOS)
· Showcase NASA datasets and research to the public.
· Interact with a wide age range of visitors to help them explore and learn from exhibits and lab activities.
· Share accurate science and museum information with guests.
· Be dependable and punctual, and be willing to commit to a schedule.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Extremely organized, detail oriented, and a team player.
· Excellent work ethic and ability to work independently.
· Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
· Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and HTML a plus.
Education and Work Experience:
· Must be a student at an Oregon university and should be working toward or have completed a Bachelor’s degree, with coursework or experience in the sciences, education, marketing, communications or related fields.
· Experience working with the public and/or young children highly desirable.
Minimum of 10 hours per week for three months.
To apply for this position, applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and OMSI's internship application (available at www.omsi.edu/internships) to Carol Cruzan at email@example.com. If you have questions about the position, please contact Carol at 503-797-4693.
Leave a Reply.