Position/Title: Senior Front-end Web DeveloperLocation: Portland, OR
Start Date: Immediately
Our development team uses a wide variety of tools and languages but our typical software stack includes Python and Django on the back-end and JQuery or Sencha on the front-end. We believe in using and releasing open source software. Advanced map interaction and analysis are commonplace in our tools and web cartography and chart design can become important roles for you. Mobile devices and tablets are also becoming prevalent in our work. We strive to use standard design patterns and technology within our applications but experimentation is encouraged at Ecotrust. We are early adopters and are often taking bleeding-edge technology and applying it in new combinations and to new domains.
- 5+ years front-end web development experience
- Graphic design experience
- Client needs assessment and user experience development
- Commitment to the Ecotrust mission
- Experience with MVC web frameworks
- Experience with web mapping beyond putting markers on a map
- Mobile or tablet UI design experience
Ecotrust Web Applications
- GitHub - https://github.com/Ecotrust
- MarineMap - http://northcoast.marinemap.org
- FoodHub - http://food-hub.org/
- Bioregion Discovery Tool - http://bioregions.apps.ecotrust.org
- eCatch Mobile New York Times article - http://goo.gl/it55z
Project Work That Inspires Us
- Documentary on Ecotrust marine planning tools - http://youtu.be/dwjAt9YE3Yg
- Storyboarding for MarineMap - http://goo.gl/Vh96q
- Wireframes for eCatch Mobile - http://goo.gl/9ziyL
- Time to redraw the map video by Weiden+Kennedy - http://youtu.be/cndw_kKeCFg.
This position is full-time, based in Portland, Oregon at the Natural Capital Center. Salary commensurate with experience. Ecotrust offers an excellent benefits package including generous vacation, retirement plan match, medical and dental insurance, life insurance and disability coverage.
Leave a Reply.