Internship Goal: To provide meaningful opportunities in Public Service for local student in a field of interest, while also providing opportunities for City employees to mentor and teach interns through defined learning objectives.
General Description of Duties:
• Assist with research for environmental and natural resource policy-related projects.
• Develop and administer questionnaires and compile qualitative survey response data.
• Perform entry-level administrative functions in support of assigned programs, such as researching historic case files, and generating reports, maps and graphics.
The ideal candidate will:
• Possess strong listening, research, and communication skills.
• Be able to communicate positively and professionally.
• Be able to carry out tasks independently.
• Have an interest in land use planning and/or natural resources.
• Have computer skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office programs. Proficiency in or familiarity with ESRI ArcGIS software is a plus.
• Must be in an undergraduate or graduate academic program focused on policy, planning, natural resources, information science, or a related field through Winter 2018.
• Must complete and pass criminal background check.
• Must be at least 16 years of age and be able to commit to the entire internship.