POSITION: Tree Inventory Coordinator (Recreation Leader)
DURATION: June 18 – October 22, 2012
SCHEDULE: 7 am to 3:30 pm Tu - Sat
SALARY: $12 per hour
CLOSING DATE: May 1, 2012
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include, but are not limited to,
• Conducting street tree inventory workshops for volunteers in Portland neighborhoods. This includes public speaking, training volunteers, organizing logistics, working with volunteers, creating maps, and checking data for accuracy.
• Collecting street tree inventory data, including tree identification, measurement, and assessment using paper forms and PDAs.
• Entering data into an ArcGIS database, creating maps, and conducting data analysis.
• Performing related work as required.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
• Must pass a criminal background check.
• Experience using ArcGIS, including entering data, joining tables, and creating maps
• Tree identification skills
• Computer skills, including Microsoft Excel
• Communication skills
• Organization skills
• Experience working with volunteers
• Ability to work independently
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: For information on the street tree inventory project, visit
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Send resume and cover letter via email to Angie DiSalvo,
Botanic Specialist II, email@example.com