Wildlife Geospatial Data Analyst | Quantum Spatial | Lakewood, CO (Denver Area)
Quantum Spatial is seeking Geospatial Data Analysts to work onsite at its government client facility in the Denver Area. Primary responsibilities include assisting client technical experts in supporting the full range of geospatial mapping and analysis activities needed to support the client’s Wildlife, Threatened & Endangered Species, and Assessment and Monitoring Programs, Geospatial data analysts provide support to data acquisition, storage & management, mapping, geospatial analysis, geospatial modeling, and data & map distribution activities. Team leadership responsibilities will be considered for candidates that demonstrate these skills.
· Maintain expert knowledge of GIS concepts and analytical techniques, including computerized mapping and digital data conversion, manipulation and analysis.
· Develop, configure and update geospatial modeling and analysis routines.
· Perform complex Spatial Analysis and Geoprocessing.
· Work effectively in a team to develop high quality GIS products.
· Conduct advanced editing, data maintenance, and mapping.
· Digitize map and geographical feature data into various GIS layers.
· Produce publication quality cartographic and analysis summary products.
· Work with variety of geospatial datasets from sources within and external to the federal government.
· Apply geospatial technologies to address wildlife, other natural resource and/or land management business requirements.
· Assist with the implementation of FGDC-compliant metadata including verifying, writing and review metadata.
· Create and validate metadata to meet client specified standards.
· Assist with data collection, consolidation, sharing, and general data management activities.
· Work with client staff to document the integrity, quality, and currentness of data used in the distribution and publication systems.
· Ensure that data requirements, data standards, access rules, and business rules are followed.
· Analyze and mine business data to identify patterns and correlations among the various data points.
· Design and create data reports and reporting tools to help business executives in their decision making.
· Develop quality control procedures for datasets.
· Improve the quality and accessibility of client’s geospatial data.
· Work with data stewards, data modelers, business analysts and data administrators to interpret business needs and derive data and analysis requirements.
· Manage data within an EGIS file structure with client standard naming conventions.
· Identify and document reference data sources, integration process and domain values as information is collected.
· Professional knowledge of ESRI’s complete suite of GIS software including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, and ArcSDE.
· Professional knowledge of concepts and principles of geospatial data management, data analysis and data modeling.
· Professional knowledge of geography, digital cartography, physical science and/or biology in order to successfully integrate geospatial technologies to accomplish client’s mission and goals.
· Working competence in automation of geospatial processes to foster greater communication, implement standard operating procedures, expand analysis capabilities, and increase speed and efficiency.
· Ability to work within a team context of diverse physical, biological, ecological, technical, and environmental sciences personnel that are both inside the client organization and with external partners such as other agencies, NGOs, universities, and the general public.
· Ability to work with client customers (i.e. other client offices, partners, and the general public) in producing maps that are accurate, aesthetically pleasing, and that meet customer expectations.
· Ability to orally communicate technical information effectively to lay persons, colleagues, external individuals or entities and within the team in a classroom or other professional environment is required.
· Professional experience working in a Citrix based Enterprise GIS Infrastructure.
Term: Full-time; 1 year plus 4 option years
Location: Lakewood, CO (Denver Area)
To Apply: https://quantumspatial.com/about-us/our-team